Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back in School ...

Summer has come and gone. I was home by myself only 2 1/2 weeks. No wonder it flew by so fast! I had a nice week in Iowa with my brothers and much of the rest of my family at a reunion. Then much of July spent with Dano and his mom at our house, some of that in the mountains. The last of my vacation I enjoyed with our kids in Connecticut and Boston. What a wonderful time we had together!

Now it's already been 3 weeks back in school! 33 left ! Just like a teacher, already counting the weeks till we get out!! Actually I have a great bunch of kids this year (so far), and I'm enjoying it a lot. BUT, this time of the year, ESL teachers get inundated with paperwork, and I mean COVERED UP! I didn't leave school before 6:00 all last week, except for Friday, when a friend finally forced me to go out for a snack at 4:00. There's light at the end of the tunnel, though, and once I get all the parent letters out, and the files in order for my 85 kids, maybe I'll get to go home earlier. My little Mexicans and Hmong are really sweethearts for the most part :-)

I've now had 3 sales in my Etsy shop - WAAAAY behind Huggermugger and almost everybody else I know in Etsyland. But, it's a nice hobby, anyway. I just don't seem to have time to promote it. I'm having a great time on Facebook - Hey to all of you "Facebookers" who are reading this! I just discovered a new typing game on Facebook, which I may soon become hooked on, along with Farmville (heehaw!)

No comments: