Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's All About Sales!!!!


When you're in a business of any kind, it's a cut-throat world out there, right? You'll do anything for a buck! Well, if you've spent any time at all in the "Etsy World", you would know that the same holds true there. They have a lingo all their own, a completely foreign language to the uninitiated. There are "convos" and "teams" and "circles" and "favorites" and "treasuries" and "bogo" sales, and "tradeaholics" and much, much more. It really gets in your blood after a while, and you can spend hours online in this little realm. You make friends with people who have the same hobbies as you do from all over the world, and then again you might find out that someone in the very same city you live in has an Etsy shop, too! The Etsy community can become pretty self sufficient in and of itself, and protective of its members.
All this being said, I'd like to mention a little about something we women shoppers are all very familiar with in the world of buying and selling - SALES! I don't know about you, but when I go shopping, one of the first things I look for is the big SALE. As I started out with in this blog, we'll do anything for a buck - whether we're the buyer or the seller. As a shopper, I'll do almost anything to SAVE money. I go after the big SALE every time. And, as a shop owner, on ETSY that is, I will do anything for a buck by occasionally putting on a SALE. Right now, I've got a SUMMER SALE going on. I've reduced the price of some of my summer items in an effort to sell them. Take a look at my shop, see if there's something you like. Go to www.etsy.com/shop/thesquaregrammy.
I want to let you know about another BIG SALE that's going on right now, that is even bigger. My daughter's shop, www.etsy.com/shop/huggermugger is having a bogo sale on all of her hats. If you are like I was before, you might wonder what bogo is, so I'll tell you. BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!!!! This one is really worth looking at. Rachel has crocheted some beautiful hats in all sizes, of some beautiful yarn. And she's selling them off, because she's adding to their family soon and for some strange reason she thinks she's going to be too busy for awhile to keep up her crocheted hats part of her shop. She will just keep her patterns. So she wants to sell down some of her wonderful inventory. This is a really great sale, folks. Do you see the picture of the lovely woman at the top of this blog entry? That's my beautiful daughter in one of her hats that is on sale RIGHT NOW! Don't miss your chance to get ready for the cold weather that will be here before you know it. You can buy one of these hats, and get any other hat in her shop of equal or lesser value FREE! She has baby hats, children's hats, adult hats, winter hats, summer beach hats, all sizes and shapes.
How can you miss a sale like this? You'll do anything for a buck, right?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the shout-out :-D