Thursday, November 6, 2008

At first Blog

I can hardly believe I am finally writing a blog. Dano's mom, who has made me a proud Grammy for over a year now, has been blogging for a long time now, and she's been gently waiting for it to catch on with me. But she's a professional writer, and I'm just the person who started her off on it all. I gave her the first portable manual (yes, I DID say manual) typewriter that she began writing her very first little stories on when she could barely put words together. But she just never stopped putting words, then sentences, then journals, and finally stories and even novels together. She passed me up long ago. Those were the days when we didn't even know what a computer keyboard looked like, or how to pronounce b-l-o-g!

This post is dedicated to Dano's mother, my lovely daughter, who inspires me every day by her insatiable quest for the written word, either reading or writing it - even with a very inquisitive 1-year-old to care for.

2 comments:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Hi! Aww, I'm blushing :-) You're too sweet. But thanks for the kind words, they were a good pick-me-up, just what I needed since I'm having an "I hate writing and want to be a dental hygenist instead" day :-)

Noumenon said...

Those were the days when we didn't even know what a computer keyboard looked like, or how to pronounce b-l-o-g!

How badly can you mispronounce b-l-o-g? Blahhhhg? Blohg? Hi, I'm a renowned blow-ger.

You live down south so I guess the range of possible mispronunciations is even wider for you.

(I got here from the most recent post on huggermugger, and am amused to find out that Hamlette now wants to become a dental hygienist. Watch out when you lose those baby teeth, Dano!)