Friday, November 7, 2008

Second, But by No Means Less Important

Did I mention that I also have a very wonderful son? Today's blog I dedicate to my second-born, but in no way any less beloved child, my son. He is also very wonderful, like the daughter I adore. He is also very talented, and can write with a flair all his own. These two progeny of ours can put words together in such a way that defies all of my husband's and my belief. And yet their writing styles are very different. This son of ours is studying to be a lawyer at no less than Harvard Law!!! It still sends chills down my spine to say that - because I myself taught him and his sister in our very own home school from kindergarten through high school. What a thrill to think that he is now studying in the halls of one of the most highly-esteemed institutions in our nation. Yet this man who only days ago, it seems, was struggling to learn his multiplication tables, is a very down-to-earth young man with an old Ford Taurus and a young, lovely bride who cooks scrumptious meals in their tiny, over-priced apartment on Harvard Square.

If you read this, my son, the future lawyer, or law professor, or perhaps even someday Supreme Court Justice: I salute you with my can of Dr. Pepper, - to a brilliant future!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well they must have some kind of brilliant mother! ;) Welcome to BlogLand, Bev. You'll be addicted in no time!

danosgrammy said...

Well, I don't know about that, my friend, but they definitely turned out pretty swell, huh? Thanks for reading!